Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Valentine

So here I am again writing about our life. Less for others and more for myself...as it seems that this 'blogging' helps keep me sane.

I took a bus trip to Arizona to see my family. Stopped over in Vegas and met a new/old friend. :)

 Sat at table 11 for lunch. :) 





Saw Fremont all lit up



And spent some quality time in a beautiful bus stop.









I got to spend time with my family and my sweet babies...










I got a haircut while I was there...and then cut Tye's when I got home. :) 












We were super poor for Valentine's Day, so Tye wrote me a poem:










I made him a card...and we decided to go to the hot springs with our friends. It was supposed to be just a few hours trip. Home by about 1am. :) hahaha. We got partway up the road to the springs and discovered that the road was closed for snow. So...we decided to hike the rest of the road to the trail...and then hike the trail to the springs. So about 3 miles later we got to the trail head. Once there, we realized that the shoes I had chosen to wear were not in the slightest appropriate for the hike. I was falling and slipping and there were dropoffs to our side that did not look like any fun at all. I was in tears from falling and from the terror of falling off the side. About halfway up the trail, our friend Liz traded shoes with me since she was familiar with the area and the terrain. That made it a little easier for me. We got to the hot springs and spent about 2 hours there. It was wonderful. I have never seen so many stars in the sky...the water was so hot...none of us wanted to leave, but by now it was 3am...if we didn't leave now, we never would. So we all got dressed and began the trek back to the car. I knew from the start it was going to be hell. My knee was throbbing in pain going down the hills. By the time we got to the end of the trail to the road, I was ready to give up. My knee kept locking up...my legs were on fire, and I knew we had a good couple of hours ahead of us. Every corner we went around was more discouraging. It took us nearly 4 hours to get back to the car. 4 long, torturous hours. I couldn't hardly move for the first day or so afterwards. There are no pictures because this all took place in the middle of the night. 

So this is where we are. This is our life to date. We are moving forward. 

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like you will remember that forever though! Hope you have recovered!

    ReplyDelete