Sunday, January 3, 2010

The new

It's been a long and exhausting month. It was also quite beautiful. I had my very first White Christmas. :) It was our first "real" Christmas together. (Last year we were not in the same city...lol, but we had our own Christmas a few days later.)



We had a beautiful time with friends.




We opened the presents we bought for each other and those from our loved ones.




Then Tye put together his new desk...and swore. A LOT! :) hehe. I promised to buy fully assembled presents from now on.






But when all was said and done, it was a thing of beauty!







And the apartment was a bit of a mess:


We went snowboarding. It was my first time. Poor Tye spent almost 4 hours going down half a run with me. I was doing ok until I fell and hit my head twice...then I was a chicken. And boy...did I hurt for a few days after. :) I'm ready to go again now though.











After so many parties and good times over Christmas weekend, we spent New Year's Eve at home by ourselves. It was really nice. We watched the ball drop (on New York time ;) and then kinda drifted in and out of consciousness for the next couple of hours. Kissed again at midnight and watched the fireworks in downtown Salt Lake from our bedroom window. This is our second New Year together. It really is a beautiful thing.

Probably the only thing missing was my babies and my family. Next year the little ones will be with us...and it will be perfect.

This year has a lot in store. Mostly in preparation for next year.

Life is beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you describe things. It does look like you had a beautiful holiday (s).

    What is coming up next year?

    I've been snowboarding a couple of times and liked it too, but the speed scares me. I'm an adrenaline junkie like Jason is!

    That is cool that you can see downtown Salt Lake from your window! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next year we're getting married :) Whee!

    Yeah, the speed was what did me in. I would fall on purpose because it scared the craps out of me. lol.

    Our view is BEAUTIFUL! Just amazing. Especially at night.

    ReplyDelete